Advance treatment for skin lifting, tightening and rejuvenation
Rejuvenate specific areas of skin, reduce the appearance of superficial scars or improve the appearance of stretch marks through our advance microneedling procedures.
Micro-needling is the advanced medical skin-needling procedure we provide for our clients who are looking to rejuvenate specific areas of skin, reduce the appearance of superficial scars or improve the appearance of stretch marks. The treatment is as it suggests, the controlled, micro puncturing of the targeted skin’s surface, encouraging the body’s own healing process to get to work, and thereby rejuvenating and repairing the skin. As the natural production of new collagen and elastin are stimulated, any nearby wrinkles, scars or stretch marks in the skin are also reduced or eliminated in the skin healing process. This is a natural and safe way to stimulate the renewal of the skin and to make it look smoother, brighter, and healthier.
Micro-needling can also be used in the treatment of facial lines and wrinkles, sun-damaged skin, scarred skin or that affected by stretch marks, and in the rejuvenation of hands. Where either form of treatment is used to reduce scarring and stretch marks, the results achieved will be permanent as the skin will heal over the previously damaged skin. Where the treatment is for facial lines and wrinkles or for sun-damage, the ageing process will continue and therefore future treatments will be needed to maintain the effects achieved.
Upon consultation your skin care regime/ skin management will be discussed, and a treatment plan devised. Should the skin be excessively blocked then the treating clinician may prescribe a resurfacing treatment, such as a Fire and Ice treatment so the skin is clear and prepared, which will ensure optimum results.
Prior to treatment:
Skin should be clean and make-up free.
Things to avoid prior to treatment:
- use of Retin-A products or applications for 12 hours prior to treatment
- Auto-immune therapies or products for 12 hours prior to treatment
- Sun exposure/ use of sunbed or any form of skin irritation/ sun burn to the treatment area 24 hours prior to treatment
- Should you suffer from cold sore please advise your clinician, although this will be discussed at consultation. Preventative products can be used on the day of treatment as needling may trigger a cold sore response in patients. If you use prescribed medication then this should be continued
After the treatment, it is strongly recommended that a minimum of factor 30spf is used.
- Do not apply active products to the skin 6- 12 hours after the needling treatment, so the treatment site is healed to avoid risk of infection
- Avoid vigorous exercise for at least 12 hours after treatment
- Do not apply makeup for at least 12 hours after the treatment and makeup brushes are thoroughly cleansed/ sterilised after each use
- Redness, post treatment is natural and will subside a couple of hours
- On occasion, the skin can breakout a number of days post treatment. Again this is normal and will subside should the aftercare/ post treatment regime followed
- Wash the face thoroughly a few hours after treatment. Gently massage the face with tepid water and remove all serum and other debris such as dried blood
- Please note, a consultation is required prior to treatment where we will fill in a health questionnaire, so please ensure you bring a list of medicines you may be taking.
- £20 deposit must be paid to secure appointment and can be redeemed against treatment
- Deposit will be refunded should you not be suitable for treatment